Our Privacy Pledge
When you participate as a panel member your privacy is assured.
- Some personal data is collected when you volunteer to join the Food Diary and when you tell us about your meal routine. In particular, Kantar Worldpanel may collect (you will be prompted for your consent) and hold details of your name, address, telephone number, and email address. For your information we have certain security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that Kantar Worldpanel may collect.
- We acknowledge and accept that some of you may not wish to provide certain requested information but we are still happy to have you participate in our research programmes and will do our best to win your trust.
- We will never try to sell you anything - that is not our business. We will never sell your name to anyone else who might want to sell you anything.
- Occasionally, we may contact you to validate responses. We will never misrepresent ourselves or what we are doing.
- Your individual responses to surveys will also be kept confidential and will never be linked to your personal identifying information.
- Your decisions about participating in a study, responding to specific questions, or discontinuing participation will be respected without question.
What do we do with your personal information?
We will publish summarised reports about Food Diary. These reports will never identify any individual person or household.
You consent to us using your personal data to provide you with correspondence or any communications relating to market research which may require your involvement.
In particular we need to share some of your personal information with BI (The Business Improvement Company) and any reward suppliers acting on their behalf who operate the Reward Accounts for each panel member. This information is kept in confidence and only used to establish and track the reward points you have earned and to enable them to deliver your selected Reward items.
By telling us about your meal routine you acknowledge and consent that any information that you provide and any other personal information disclosed by you with your consent, will be collected and used by Kantar Worldpanel only, for market research purposes on behalf of our clients, market research analysis, reports, internal administration, internal training and/or to fulfil our obligations to you. Any information you provide to us will be treated with care and respect and we will not mislead you in any way.
Who will we share your information with?
You consent to us sharing your personal data contained in any surveys or questionnaires with other companies within the Kantar Worldpanel group. Please be assured we will not pass your personal details to a third party company without your prior consent. We may also be required to disclose your personal information by law or to any regulatory authority, including the Market Research Society.
Please notify us by email to email@example.com or by calling 08085 560152 if you have provided us with your personal details and if you:
(a) do not wish your personal data to be used in a manner described above (we should be grateful if you set out your specific objections to any use);
(b) wish to see the personal data we hold about you. Of course if the information is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, we shall correct or delete it after discussing the matter with you.
You consent to us transferring your personal data to other companies in and out of the EEA only for the purposes mentioned above. We shall endeavour to ensure that your personal data is kept confidential and secure.
Kantar Worldpanel is an MRS Company Partner and as such complies with the MRS Code of Conduct. Kantar Worldpanel is a part of TNS UK Ltd.
TNS UK Ltd has a registered address at: Westgate, London, W5 1UA, United Kingdom (Company number is 3073845)
Kantar Worldpanel, previously known as TNS UK Ltd, is a part of the Kantar Group. The Kantar Group is a wholly-owned subsidiary of WPP Group plc. For further information, please visit www.kantar.com.